2,124-Passenger ‘Fun Ship’ to Sail from Tampa Through August Before Repositioning to Sydney for Seasonal Cruises from Down Under in September
MIAMI (March 3, 2014)- Carnival Legend recently returned to service from Tampa with a variety of new and exciting innovations, including a WaterWorks aqua park featuring the exhilarating Green Thunder water attraction, as well as a Twister slide, a children’s spray park and more.
Also new is the tropics-inspired RedFrog Pub, a full-service sushi restaurant called Bonsai Sushi, the Cherry on Top confections and novelty shop, and two new entertainment options, Playlist Productions and Hasbro, The Game Show, all of which were added during a multi-million-dollar makeover in Freeport, The Bahamas. “With these enhancements we’ve made a terrific ship even better, adding an exhilarating water attraction, as well as a variety of fantastic new dining, bar and entertainment options,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO. “Carnival Legend offers an incredible array of on-board choices and we’re looking forward to working with our travel agent partners in marketing this newly enhanced â€˜Fun Ship’ to consumers,” he added.
New features on Carnival Legend include:
- WaterWorks, an aqua park highlighted by Green Thunder-the only attraction of its kind in North America that features an 187-foot-long slide with a pulse-pounding 34-foot-long drop where riders obtain speeds of up to 25 miles per hour; WaterWorks also features the 214-foot-long Twister slide, as well as a splash zone with various spray toys, dual mini-racing slides, and a 150-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket
- RedFrog Pub, a Caribbean-themed watering hole where guests can relax with the Caribbean’s best rums and beers-along with Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red private label draft brew-and enjoy live music while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies -- sushi, sashimi, rolls and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region -- all enjoyed amidst a contemporary Far East dÃ©cor
- Cherry On Top, a “candy and more store” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the company’s iconic and popular games
- Playlist Productions, which builds upon Carnival’s reputation for high quality entertainment, combining captivating live
A variety of additional enhancements, including upgraded swimming pools and gym equipment, along with new carpeting, tile work and wall coverings, were also completed during the two-week-long dry dock. Carnival Legend will continue its current schedule of seven-day Caribbean cruises from Tampa through Aug. 17, then embark on a 13-day Panama Canal transit that ends in Long Beach, Calif., Aug. 30, 2014. The ship will then sail a 23-day trans-Pacific voyage departing Long Beach Aug. 30, and arriving in Sydney, Sept. 22,2014, positioning the vessel for a seasonal program of eight- to 12-day cruises featuring destinations throughout New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji.
About Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is "The World's Most Popular Cruise LineÂ®" with 24 ships operating three- to 23-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Panama Canal, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and Tahiti. The company’s 25th ship, the 135,000-ton Carnival Vista, is scheduled to enter service in 2016.
Carnival is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World's Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at www.worldleadingcruiselines.com.
For further information about Carnival Cruise Lines and reservations from South Africa, contact local General Sales Agents-Cruise Vacations. +27 11 5140564 or email@example.com