Discover the Queen Mary 2
Crystal Cruises’ luxury cruise ship, Crystal Symphony, embarked on an eight-day Hamburg to Lisbon voyage last month after emerging from a two-week, US$20m (R224m) dry dock.
Highlights of the redesign include:
- A brand new outdoor Fitness Garden on decks seven, eight and 12, featuring new equipment from Technogym with technology that allows guests to connect to music, data, workout-tracking or TV-watching.
- The main lobby area, the Crystal Plaza, received new waterfall feature, carpets, upholstery and tables.
- The Cove Bar has new furniture, artwork and cocktail tables with a revised seating layout.
- Stateroom upgrades include 48 newly converted hypo-allergenic luxury staterooms on the ship that are chemical-and odour-free.
- The steam room and changing areas in the men’s and women’s spa facilities have been retiled and the salon has been upgraded with a new pedicure area and wall coverings.
- A wall was removed from the casino to create a more open, accessible space, with a new layout and new slot machines.
- The Bistro received new seating and décor.
- Technological upgrades were made with new digital signage to display important cruise and programming details throughout the ship on 14 flat-screen monitors near the ship’s lounges, theatres, dining and sales areas.
- Deck 10 staterooms and penthouses have new veranda furniture and there are new carpets in all deluxe rooms and four guest corridors have been replaced.
“We continue to invest in creating a contemporary and sumptuous environment that meets the traveller’s desire,” says Crystal president and coo, Edie Rodriguez. “The new features and spaces added during this dry dock are astounding, and offer our guests the relaxed, yet luxurious comfort that they have come to expect and enjoy on Crystal Cruises.”